TIPS TO TAKE ON THE SUN UP CHALLENGE
|Boost your fundraising, keep up the excitement, and share the sunshine to help support families facing childhood cancer.|
How do I raise money for the Sun Up Challenge?
There’s plenty of fun and exciting ways to raise money for the Sun Up Challenge. Here’s five of our favourite tips:
- Share the word. Share the link to your unique fundraising page all over your social media, email, and SMS networks – a donation is simply a click away!
- Add a donation button to your email signature, use our social tiles, or print a poster to get eyeballs on your fundraising.
- Show your impact. You know how essential a donation to Redkite is, now it’s time to show others how their support is essential for families facing childhood cancer.
People are more comfortable giving when they have a guide on how much to give, and how their donation will make a difference – so head over to your resources page to memorise a stat or two to share the impact of their generosity.
- Get your local business involved. Local businesses love the chance to do good for their community. Ask your bank manager, local supermarket, or cafe to pledge a donation, match funds raised, or run a raffle to help children with cancer.
- Remind and repeat. Life gets very busy, and it’s easy for even the kindest of people to forget. It’s okay to send a gentle follow up with friends and family to donate.
Why does donating to my own challenge matter?
Donating to your challenge shows people you’re serious about providing care and support to families facing childhood cancer. It’s a cause great enough to set your alarm for, why not show your stripes and sponsor yourself?
Plus, people who donate to their own fundraising raise, on average, twice as much for the causes they care about!
How do I ask someone to donate?
Don’t be shy – getting past ‘the ask’ is easier than you think! When you’re passionate about making a difference, it shows. Let your caring heart shine through when you share about how Redkite is a lifeline for families facing childhood cancer, and you’ll be amazed at how your community supports you! There’s also some great templates available to help you ask, all at your fundraising dashboard.
Why is social media important for fundraising?
Social media is a great way to reach friends you might not see in-person and bring them into the challenge. There’s no better way to bring people alongside you than through your authentic self. You’ll also meet fellow early birds joining the challenge!
I’m having trouble fundraising, can you help?
Sometimes it can feel really hard to raise money, even for a cause you really care about. We’re here to help!
We’d love to chat with you about how to boost your fundraising, so give us a call on 1800 REDKITE (1800 733 548) or send an email to email@example.com to speak with our stellar team.